Makes: 24 cupcakes
- 24 paper cupcake liners
- Batter for 24 cupcakes. Box mix works fine or simply use your favorite chocolate cupcake recipe, it’s your call.
- 48 Mini Cadbury Creme Eggs (24 frozen) You’ll use the frozen ones inside the cupcake batter. Freezing the eggs keeps them from completely vanishing inside the baked cake.
- 1 batch of buttercream frosting
- yellow dye
- Large Round piping tip or snip the end off of a piping bag.
- Scoop batter into paper liner ⅔ of the way full. Place one frozen Mini Cadbury Creme Egg into the middle of each cupcake. Use a spatula to spread the batter over the egg.
- Bake according to the recipe you are using. Allow cupcakes to cool completely.
- While your cupcakes are cooking, make your buttercream.
- Remove about 1 cup of buttercream from the mixing bowl and dye it yellow.
- Assemble your piping bag fitted with a large tip and pipe a large circle around the perimeter of the cupcake.
- Fill in the center of the circle with the yellow buttercream and top with a Mini Cadbury Cream Egg.