Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Camp Galileo - Summer Fun for Kids Pre-K to 5th Grade

Are you guy ready for summer? Before having kids (and even with my first little man), I never realized that summer plans started way before summer.  It was not until number one first started pre-school and I overheard parents talking about what summer camps they are sending their kiddos to. I remember thinking to myself, But it's not even close to summer...? I looked around at some of the camps mentioned and saw that many of them were near full if not full already! It quickly came to my attention that if I wanted to enroll my little man into a camp, I better get my tooshie in gear! I started researching and found various ones that looked really fun. One that particularly stood out was Camp Galileo. At the time I first found them, E was too young for their camp (he was 3 at the time and their youngest age is Pre-K). However, now that he is 5 and fully ready, I'm so excited to be able to enroll him and he's even more excited to participate in the camp.

1 of the awesome experiments sent to us to try at home!


Another cool experiment using a battery and copper to make a light up card!


Camp Galileo has 4 themes. They are:
Space Explorers
National Parks Adventure
Galileo Makers: Toys
Galileo Olympics.

Within these, they have various age groups:
Nebulas - Which are Pre-k to K
Stars - 1st and 2nd Grade
Supernovas - 3rd to 5th Grade

Register before February 29th and take advantage of an Exclusive $40 Discount and an additional $25 per week (or $12.50 per class) in Early Bird Savings! Use code 2016BOLD.

I found this really cool project for my little man that we did together to learn about the planets.

First, I printed out this sheet.  My guy colored in all the planets:





He then cut them out and we glued the planets in order on black construction paper. For the sun, we cut out a yellow half circle out of construction paper.

We also borrowed a book from the library titled: Solar System which we read throughout our project.



Remember!!! If you register your kids for Galileo Camps before February 29th, you are eligible for both the $40 discount and the Early Bird Savings. After February 29th, the $40 discount will still apply.

Sign up now to receive Galileo’s biggest savings of the year! Use code 2016BOLD to get an exclusive $40 discount! On top of that, if you register before February 29th you can save an additional $25 per week at Camp Galileo and Galileo Summer Quest or $12.50 per class ($25 off a full day) at Summer Camps @ The Tech. Please remember, these early bird savings apply automatically to your camp purchase and can be combined with Galileo’s multi-session discount Guarantee your spot.  And in case you aren't 100% about the date/location, you can change your camp date or location through May 2 for absolutely no fee! So what are you waiting for? Sign up today!


1 comment:

  1. I love that they encourage failure! It's the best way to learn and build confidence by no longer being afraid to fail. ~SandyToesCreations

    ReplyDelete