Hidden Target Clearance Secrets
Have you ever been to a Target and bought something on clearance, only to find it cheaper the next time you go into the store? Frustrating right? Well, thanks to The Consumerist, the secret is out on Target's clearance policy and you can save some serious cash every single time you go shopping. Here we go!
- Target has 5 percentages that they mark things down to: 15%, 30%, 50%, 75% and 90%
- If you look at the upper right hand of the price tag, it will tell you the percentage that it's marked down.
- An item will remain at a certain price for two weeks before it is changed
- Target's full price ends in a 9. After this, each price drop will reduce the ending number to either an 8, 6 or a 4.
- Once the price ends in a 4, the price won't go any lower. So if you see something that ends in a 4, buy it!
Target Markdown Schedule:
Monday: Kids’, Clothing, Office Supplies, Gift Wrap, ElectronicsTuesday: Women’s Clothing & DomesticWednesday: Men’s Clothing, Toys, Health & BeautyThursday: Lingerie, Shoes, HousewaresFriday: Cosmetics
Check the Endcaps
Target usually puts their clearanced items on the endcaps (end of aisle) for health & beauty, toys & shoes.
If the code above the price ends with an “8″ then it will be marked down further. If the price ends with a “4″ then you are not going to find it cheaper and it’s a good idea to buy it now before it’s gone. In the picture above you can see that the code ends in an “8″ so therefore I would probably wait and see if that comes on sale even more, but chances are if there is only 1 or 2 items left you might want to just grab it anyway. Check endcaps for clearance finds. Most departments within the store have a designated endcap to store their clearance, but don’t forget to check the aisles too.
Toys! Toys! Toys!
I know my children are never hurting for new toys. Target’s toy clearance is always the time of the year that I stock up. I buy lots of random toys to give out at last minute birthday party invites and whatever is left at the end of the year, I drop off to Toys For Tots. They do their big toy inventory clearance in July and in October and of course after Christmas. So be on the lookout and stock up!