WHAT IS LBL?
• One in three women experience Light Bladder Leakage (LBL) – little leaks that can be triggered by everyday occurrences like coughing, sneezing, laughing and exercise.
o Weak pelvic floor muscles, pregnancy, childbirth and weight gain are just a few LBL contributors.
WHAT CAUSES LBL?
Just as no two women are alike, there's no single reason that LBL happens. Some of the most common things that lead to uninvited leaks include:
• Physical changes from childbirth, pregnancy, hysterectomy or menopause
• Being overweight
• Complications from surgery, stroke, or chronic diseases like diabetes, multiple sclerosis (MS) or Parkinson's disease
• Bladder or urinary tract infections
• Bladder irritants (certain foods and beverages)
Now to the fun part! Since we have Poise coming to our LBL rescue, here are some neat ideas what you can do with your old period pads!
1) SODA CAN COZY
Soda too cold for your hands? Place a handy dandy period pad around it (fits perfectly), to keep your hands at a nice temperature!
|#RecycleYourPeriodPad - Soda Can Cozy|
2) REFRESHING PAD-CICLE
Soak it with water, place in the freezer and in a few hours, you have your own cold pack/ice compress.
|#RecycleYourPeriodPad - Pad-Cicle|
Soccer anyone? If your kids play soccer, they can use your old period pads to keep their shins safe and sound!
|#RecycleYourPeriodPad - Shin Guards|
4) SHOE INSOLES
Keep your feeties feeling like they are floating on air by placing a period pad in your shoe!