Sunday, January 6, 2019

Family Of The Week Art Project

In my daughter's pre-school, each child has a "week". During that week, the child presents a poster filled with pictures of their family, their likes and any other thing about them. Families are also invited in during group time to read the child's favorite story, do art projects, etc.

For my daughter's week, my plan is to buy these cute tote bags and have the kids decorate them to their liking. Hopefully they will be able to use the bag later to store their toys, play pretend, or use it for shopping!


I thought it would also be fun to decorate t-shirts...so I'm having a tough time trying to decide which project to ultimately do, but I'm going to buy these bags.

I have a Cricut and love making t-shirts with Siser Easy weed HTV






Edit: After researching some more, I decided to do something like this:



I purchased a pack of canvases from Amazon (I got a pack of 24 for $20 - less than $1 a piece!). Once they arrive, I'll use thin blue painters tape to write out the names. In class, the kids will get to paint all over the canvas. Once it is dried, I'll pull of the painters tape and the result will be a super cute personalized canvas with their names on it!




This mommy blog explains perfectly what I plan on doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment