Some of my favorites are: The Object of My Affection, I'm Looking Over a Four Leaf Clover and Many Tears Ago. But my MOST favorite is: Things. It is upbeat, light, happy and makes me think of skipping through a meadow of flowers footloose and fancy free :)
The reason I really like Emmy Rossum is because her voice is REAL...it's not all digitized like 99% of the "singers" out there. You can hear that she has pure, raw talent...which, in today's age is so rare. (Ex: Real housewife of Atlanta Kim Zolciak "Don't be Tardy for the Party" Uhmmm embarrassing!)
Rossum is also an acclaimed actress who currently stars in the Showtime series Shameless with William H. Macy. She also stars alongside Emma Thompson and Viola Davis in the upcoming feature film Beautiful Creatures, which hits theaters on February 13th.
As a side note, I literally just discovered Shameless and am HOOKED on it. Kinda embarrassed to admit it, but I just connected that this talented singer is the same person as in the Shameless series. How did I not connect that?! Either way, now that I have, I am even more excited about her!
Isn't she so pretty!?!
Sentimental Journey Track Listing:
- “Sentimental Journey” (Les Brown, Ben Homer, Arthur Green)
- “The Object Of My Affection” (Pinky Tomlin)
- “I’m Looking Over A Four Leaf Clover “(Mort Dixon, Harry M. Woods)
- “These Foolish Things (Remind Me Of You)” (Eric Maschwitz, Jack Strachey)
- “(I’ll Be With You) In Apple Blossom Time” (Albert Von Tilzer, Neville Fleeson)
- “Summer Wind” (Heinz Meier, Johnny Mercer)
- “Many Tears Ago” (Winfield Scott)
- “All I Do Is Dream Of You” (Nacio Herb Brown, Arthur Freed)
- “Nobody Knows You When You’re Down And Out” (Jimmy Cox)
- “Autumn Leaves” (Joseph Kosma, Jacques Prévert)
- “Things” (Bobby Darin)
- “Pretty Paper” (Willie Nelson)
If you guys want to catch her on TV:
- Emmy will performing a track from Sentimental Journey on Access Hollywood Live on January 25th.
- Emmy will also be appearing as a guest on Conan on January 28th, Chelsea Lately on January 29th, and The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson on February 6th.
Sentimental Journey, releasing on January 29th
I participated in this campaign for One2One Network. I received a free copy of the CD to facilitate my review. By posting, I am eligible for incentives. All opinions stated are my own.