Friday, December 26, 2014

Words

When I was preggo with baby number 2, somewhere into the pregnancy, I found out that I was iron deficient. It was at this time, that I realized, I cannot properly pronounce "Iron". I was trying to tell my hubby the news, then my parents and friends and each time struggled to say it correctly. I always got a weird look, followed by, "ohhhhhh IRON" as they made the connection.

My "iron" sounds like "irn". I will sit there and try and say: I RON, I ERN, I RAN, but it never sounds right. Hubs told me to say "Iron Man" and it still didn't sound right. The more I try and say the word "iron" the weirder it/I start to sound.  It reminds me of the Family Guy episode where Stewie and Brian are having a conversation. Stewie can't say the word "ruined" correctly. He keeps saying roooooeeeen'd. Brian couldn't get over the fact that he couldn't say it right.  It was a really funny episode. This is how I feel about the word "iron".

Are there any words you just can't pronounce correctly no matter how hard you try?


No comments:

Post a Comment