Friday, May 19, 2017

Happy Friday - Busy Week - My First Sale - Loving my #Cricut

Happy Friday Everyone!

Some weeks seem to go by so quickly and others it seems like forever trying to make it to the end of the week. This week was the latter. All week felt like a race to the Friday finish line, except the race was in slow motion.  It is Friday night and I am beat, exhausted, done. I want to close my eyes and not leave the bed all weekend -- BUT.....that can't happen. This weekend, as it seems is going to be an action packed "fun" filled weekend.  All of the actives we are part of seem to be winding down. My son has his last baseball game of the season Saturday morning. Afterwards, the team will have a mini party and picnic.  We'll then rush home for nap time for my daughter, after which, we will attend a gymnastics showcase my son will be taking part in.  Sunday morning, will be my son's last Cub Scout meeting for this school year. They'll be celebrating by having a picnic in the park. Similar to Saturday, we'll rush home for nap time for my daughter and this time it will be my daughter's gymnastics showcase in the afternoon.  Just thinking about the weekend tires me. I'm sure compared to others, our weekend doesn't look so bad. And probably, if we would have had an easy week, it would seem exciting. But, it's just been a busy week and a busy weekend. 

My creative outlet and makes me happy is designing things in photoshop and making things on the Cricut.  I am very excited that I got my first order for a pregnancy announcement onesie! I completed the order today and will be shipping it this weekend.  I'm rather new to Instagram, but I set one up and have posted pictures of items I've made.  If anyone has any tips about Instagram, I would love to hear any advice you may have.

My daughter has been hounding me to make her a Minnie Mouse t-shirt. I bought the t-shirt to use for the project 2 weeks ago, but never got around to make it. Today, she was literally hopping around me non-stop asking me to make the shirt, so I finally was able to complete it for her. She was BEYOND thrilled. It turned out very well, if I do say so myself! The shirt is from Target - Cat and Jack brand. For the design, it's a Minnie Mouse head silhouette that I did in gold HTV. My bestie brought me sheets of various colors of glitter HTV which made me BEYOND excited. I thought my daughter would pick the pink glitter one, but she was stuck on the gold. And I have to say, it was a fantastic choice. The shirt looks great. Originally, I was going to have her name go on the side of Minnie, but then decide not to add it on to the shirt at all. When I gave her the shirt, she asked "where's the rest of it?". I asked if she wanted her name on the shirt as well and she responded, "yes".  When asked where she wanted it located, she pointed under Minnie...so that is where it went! She my mini fashion designer.  :)



Any hoo...that's about it for now. I need to go and get some rest.

I hope you enjoyed reading and I hope to be posting new projects soon!

Thanks for reading and have a great weekend! :)








No comments:

Post a Comment